Du 10 au 20 septembre 2020
Départ le dimanche 13 septembre 2020
Village public quai Vendeuvre

 The last 48hours has consisted of stormy Wednesday here we had a rough bumpy ride up the Irish sea in 25knots and short sharp waves - keeping the boat going was hard work and getting any sleep was impossible. This was followed by sleepy Thursday where, almost seamlessly we spent 15hours where one of us was always asleep.


The one thing in common with this is it has all been upwind. Because of primarily light winds, Fastnet rock was taken out the course so, after beating all the way to Tusker rock we had a couple hours reaching before the wind rotated to the south and left us to beat all the way back. Then, as if on cue, we turned left around lands end and so did the wind. We have now renamed the race, the Normandy Upwind Race.


However our close battle with Campagne de France continues. They have held a slight advantage since entering the Irish sea and we are trying hard, but struggling, to keep up with them upwind. They also aren’t really making enough tactical errors for our liking, leaving very few opportunities of getting past. With over 200miles still to go, an inconsistent forecast and 3 significant tidal gates, I’m sure we will have a few more opportunities, as will the rest of the fleet not too far behind us. So, until the finish line we don’t plan on holding back.


All for now